Saturday, January 31, 2009

I've always been pretty firm believer that karma does not exist. Bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people. We should just treat people better. It shouldn't be because our good deeds will pay off in a week. I do believe in God, but I don't think the universe is keeping score.
However every once in a while, my theory is tested. On Tuesday I spent most of the day hunched over in my bed, because I was experiencing hell in my lower abdomen. I didn't eat anything bad. I didn't have the cha cha's and I didn't have gas. It was sharp painful spasm that was on and off for about 24 hours. I don't have health insurance so I did the next best thing. I googled it. I discovered I had problem that somehow doesn't have any useful treatments. I laid there thinking "Why me? What did I do to deserve this?"
As I walked to work on Wednesday in the snow I asked myself the same question again "What did I do?" A little montage ran through my head. The guy I saw on crying in the rain; and me laughing. I also thought of Yami and I watching video after video of people getting hit by cars. Suddenly I was on the street, hunched over again. My stomach aching; because I couldn't stop laughing.

"I've always been considered an asshole for about as long as I can remember. That's just my style." -Royal Tenenbaum from The Royal Tenebaums, 2001

No comments: